Wednesday 16 October 2013

Literature Festival 2/ The Tent


More sketchbook drawing of the Literature Festival, and also our Small Press Fair in the Uni Glos tent. Again, with some of these drawings I had a go at colouring - the books in the signing I drew really were a lurid, spangly purple colour:
 


I also put a skyline in behind this page of character studies, and added some colour (again, his jumper really was that green): 



I thought I'd include a photo (not mine) of the festival to compare. I did find that during busy times it was very difficult to draw as people really did move through the thoroughfare very fast: 




These drawings were done in the Cafe, but I rather boshed the composition, and so did a bit of editing, which is possibly interesting: 



Really, this brutal colouring has got to stop. I tried to get the little girl as she shovelled cake into her mouth: 



Finally, drawings of Andrew, Georgina, Iselle, Emma and Andrew again! From our tent: 


No comments:

Post a Comment