Thursday 9 January 2014

Horse Drawings

As it has been recognised that my horses are fairly sketchy to say the least, I have endeavoured to do some horse drawing practice on various occasions. At some point in the future I may pluck up the courage to approach a riding school or even a trainer to ask if I can go and draw some of their horses in the flesh. I don't plan on making horses the focus of the project in any sense but, ye'know, it might help if I could draw them a bit better, like. So I did some basic anatomy studies from a few animal and horse drawing books to help especially with the legs and movement, which is where I've found the drawings tend to go haywire.





I'll carry on with these like as ye' can see I've barely cracked it at all. Horses legs are a damned hard thing to draw and no mishtake.

No comments:

Post a Comment